Thursday, July 10, 2014

He found a puppy that would fit in his pocket!

Hey Family!!!

Okay, so, this last week has been awesome! Definitely full of adventures, some that I know you  won't be super excited about, but before you keep reading, I just want to say: I'm fine, I'm feeling
much better, I'm happy and everything is okay :)

So here's my roller coaster of a last week:

Monday – June 30th:

Scottie's Zone - Granger B at the Mission Anniversary Party

Today we had the awesome mission anniversary party! Our mission was formed exactly 2 years go so we had all 140 missionaries together for a big lunch and sports day. I'll send some pictures. They had this tiny little mini-pool set up, and I wasn't going to jump in at first, but then I realized that I haven't been able to swim in a pool for over a year, and it wasn't really swimming (missionaries are not allowed to swim!)...but it was kind of close haha. Everyone was gathered around encouraging me to do it, and someone yelled "do a front flip!" It sounded like a good idea, and Sister Brickey (one of the Senior missionaries in his area) actually got a sweet picture of me doing it, so I'll send that.

Scottie doing a front flip into the "pool"

We played soccer, Frisbee, and other water games all afternoon, and it was amazing. Then, we had a crazy afternoon of running errands and shopping, all via biking. We added up the total afterwards, we biked about 23 miles around West Valley haha. Then, we went and taught some lessons. I started feeling less than good...then I felt super bad. When we got to the last house, I could hardly think straight. I asked the lady for a thermometer, and I had a fever of 102.9. Ouch. So I took some ibuprofen and slept on their couch for about 30 minutes, when I woke up my fever was 103.3 so we went home, called Pres. Swain (Mission President), then got a ride over to the hospital. Elder Walker, one of the senior elders, drove me over. Bless his heart for his service but he was awful. He had the heat on in his car and wouldn't turn it off because "he was chilly," and then he got lost and said he had trouble seeing at night -_-. Anyways, I got there, got checked in, had trouble answering all the questions they asked, they put me in the back room, IV, 2 liters of liquids and some pills, ice packs all over my body. It was sweet! They said it was basically some severe dehydration and then heat exhaustion, so that wasn't very fun. Around midnight, Pepe and Levi (members of his Spanish Branch/congregation) showed up because they heard I needed a ride home, and they were so cool. They kept me laughing and stayed there with me all night. Then Levi started hitting on the doctor lady, had me laughing so hard. We got out of there around 1:30AM, stopped at Walmart to get some Gatorade, got some dirty looks from people who thought we were just disobedient missionaries (missionaries are not supposed to be out that late!) haha, then got home and asleep around 2:30 - 3 am. So very tired, but so very blessed to be okay and have good friends out here that'll take care of me.

Still smiling in the hospital! (I think he was still a bit delirious!)

Sidenote, I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you earlier. The doctor asked if I wanted to call home, but it was 3:30 AM your time and that would have just worried you when you couldn't do anything.  I'm not sure if there's going to be a bill or anything, I'm super sorry if there is or if it's expensive, I feel really bad. Sorry!!

Tuesday – July 1st:

I had my dentist appointment this 8 AM. I could hardly keep my eyes open and the dentist was about 90 years lie, I'm not even exaggerating, it was crazy. But everything is good, no
cavities, they said "keep doing what you're doing!" So that was good, if not interesting at least haha. Then we had mission leadership council again (since we're in July now). The meeting was awesome, I was pretty exhausted though, no lie. The funny thing was, last week, the assistants (assistants to the mission president) asked us to do a training today. Usually, they ask multiple sets of zone leaders. Nope, this time, it was just us. So we made it through that, got home, saw one person, than I went to sleep. I needed it badly haha.

Thursday – July 3rd:

Fun fact: tonight, I got a package. It was the advent calendar Christmas package y'all sent me! I don't know where it's been for the last 7 months, but thank you so much :) It was awesome, and even
though the chocolate was melted to mush, it still tasted good!! Y'all are the best haha. (We mailed the package the weekend after Thanksgiving and he never got it. A couple of days ago I received a phone call from the Post Office in West Valley City telling me they had located the package and they would send it on to him if he was still serving his mission!)

The Christmas Advent Calendar - better late than never!

Friday – July 4th:

Happy 4th of July!!!! Happy birthday Padre!! I've spent the last few days just trying to recuperate, and we've been working with the Tierrablanca family closely because they're getting baptized on
Saturday. Today, we had zone training in the afternoon, and I think it went really well. We got permission to show the University of Texas 2014 commencement address, y'all should watch it if you get the chance, it's super good and actually related a lot to the gospel and missionary work. The theme was: things to do if you want to change the world for the better.  After zone training, we had a p-day for the rest of the night (we just weren't supposed to go out because too many people would be drinking and partying) (the mission office tries to keep the missionaries away from potentially dangerous situations). We did a big cookout as the zone and then played sports, then (Elder) Biggs and I went and hung out with the Balderas family all night, they're the coolest (that's Pepe and Levi's family by the way). We got home around 9:30 and  then climbed up on our roof (it's flat, no worries). We watched fireworks for a while...but then we were super tired so we ended up falling asleep somehow haha, but some loud finale around 11pm woke us up and then we went inside to go to sleep...our beds are slightly more comfortable than the roof haha. Good day!

Saturday and Sunday

Today was awesome. Big highlight: Gabriela and Edwin Tierrablanca got baptized today
(Saturday) and it was an awesome service, they were just so happy, and loving life. They got confirmed on Sunday and it's just so cool to see how much of a blessing the Gospel is in people's lives. I love it!

The Tierrablanca Family got baptized

Love you all,


No comments:

Post a Comment