Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Elder Isabell... I mean Higgins!

Monday, July 21st
Just a quick note: P-day (preparation day) changed to Thursday cause it's Pioneer day (Pioneer Day is an official holiday celebrated on July 24 in UtahIt commemorates the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847). I'm happy and healthy and loving life! Miss y'all like crazy, see you soon :)

I'll send more on Thursday.

Thursday, July  24th(Pioneer Day)

Hey there family! So there's so much to tell you, but since it's an all-day P-day, we're about to go get some delicious French toast at Kneaders with the Aps (assistants to the mission president). A few highlights to hold you over till I can get back on and send more:
* I almost got bitten by a pit-bull the size of a smart car yesterday! I don't know if I've ever biked that fast to get away haha

* I’m safe and healthy! No worries!

* I love the gospel. Love the mission. Love the Savior. Love y'all. And I'm loving life :)

I'll send more and pictures later, we gotta run now, I'm hoooongry!!
Hey, I don’t have any time but I just had to send you one quick email.

I'm so sorry I could never get back on the computer, it's been a crazy full day,
literally haven't stopped. I’ll email again Monday!

Monday, July 28th

Hey Family :)

Sorry I'm a little behind on this long update, but let's see what I can fill you in on:

So we had transfers on July 15th. I stayed in this area and got 
Elder Jarvis as a companion!!! We came out together and so it's like serving with a best friend. He's from Sacramento, California, and no lie...the last couple of weeks have flown by so, so fast. It's going to be a fast transfer, I can feel it haha!

We spent the first few days getting everything together, showing Jarvy
(Elder Jarvis) the area, and then several service projects. One required us moving lots of furniture and boxes...upon moving one television, an army of cockroaches jumped out and started crawling everywhere. I'm sure my reaction was pretty comical....Jarvis and I ran out of that room so fast....I'm not a fan of the cock-a-roaches haha.

First Sunday, July 20th - was super good! Elder Jarvis spoke for a bit since he was new, and he's a stud so he did great!


This last Tuesday, July 22nd - we got an update for our area book app (on the iPads). Our mission is the pilot mission of the pilot missions, so we were the first ones in the entire world to get this update. That's pretty cool. The assistants (APs – assistants to the president) called Jarvis and I and asked us to be in charge of the training, so we spent a pretty good bit of time learning the updates and then did a training for all of the zone leaders and district leaders. The AP's, Isabell and Chappell, are super cool, and they were really thankful for us for helping them with the training. So we took advantage of everyone's good moods and made plans for an awesome all-day Pioneer Day P-day.

On last Thursday (July 24th), we had permission to sleep in (missionaries normally have to be up by 6am every day). So we did....until 8 am (not really sleeping in, but compared to 
5:40 its pretty good). We got up, read the Book of Mormon a bit, then the Assistants picked us up (they're the only missionaries with a car haha). We went to Kneaders and got the all-you-can eat French toast, then we went and played basketball for over 4 hours straight with this big group - super fun. We ate a lunch/dinner at Zaxby's, then spent the night playing volleyball, dodgeball, and more basketball. It's been a super awesome day, but we were all so exhausted and tired haha. Love it!

The rest of the week was pretty normal and chill. I earned a few respect points from Hermano de Alba and his friend Bracamonte by eating this wildly hot pepper....let's just say, Hermano de Alba agreed to come
out with us for 3 whole days if I did it! Score :) Our branch council is on fire and setting up appointments for us left and right, so that's just awesome!

We are doing super well. I miss y'all like crazy, but time is just flying. It's about to be August! Craziness. I love y'all so much :)

Ps. We got chased by a giant pit-bull the other day, it's head came above my waist and it was the fastest I've ever biked on my mission haha, but we got away without injury :)

Some other missionaries sent us this picture with the question: "what do we do???"

Should we turn the water off?!?


The people here are so cool! And even though Mondays have "x"'s, we'll have food from some family, always, no worries :)

His August dinner calendar!

Super Good Food!


I'm currently serving with Elder Jarvis, we're all in Spanish positions, and  Elder Chappell is an AP right now! I love these guys like brothers, it's so fun serving around them.

Elder Chappell, me, Rosdahl, and Jarvis

Elder Moleli went home 2 weeks ago, I'm gonna miss him so much!!!!

Scottie with Elder Moleli who left 2 weeks ago


Life is super good :) I'm doing really well, just really happy right now. Everything seems to be pretty solid, but that is the Gospel right?

He says, "I really love this scripture!"


Love you tons,
Scottie

(From his email to his Aunt Tammy):
Hey Aunt Tammy!!!

We had a weird schedule last week and I didn't really get email time. But I loved reading the emails you sent!

By the way, all missionaries are encouraged to look for opportunities to serve. We do it all the time, and it's a super good way to follow the example of Christ and just serve. Plus, we usually get to know the people a lot better, and sometimes it's really fun even! I can't tell you how many times I've helped people move, cut down trees, cut grass, everything! Use the missionaries whenever you need, it's one of our reasons to be out here :)

New words: 

1) fe - it means faith. Everything we have to look for and hope for in life comes from our faith in a loving Heavenly Father and His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

2) gracia - grace. Through the divine gift of grace, we have the opportunity to keep on moving forward and progressing, even though we're not perfect. 

3) mejorar - to improve. Sometimes, even in trials and hard times, all we can do is try to improve and get better every day :) 

I love you so much Aunt Tammy!! I can't wait to see your family, I'm so excited to hang out with y'all when I get home!

Stay safe and happy and full of the light of Christ!!

Scottie













No comments:

Post a Comment