Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Scottie and his "wheels"

Hola!

So this last week was pretty rough, not going to lie. I woke up at 2:30am on Thursday morning and threw up until about 10:30, then I slept until Friday afternoon (waking up periodically to throw up or go to the bathroom, the other elders nicknamed it the double dragon disease). I think I got food poisoning, Elder Van Horn had it too  I didn't have  an appetite for about three days, I think the final estimate is I lost about 12 pounds. So that was definitely no fun at all, I can't ever remember being that sick. Usually throwing up makes it better and heal quicker, it just hurt so bad. So we stayed in the apartment for a couple of days, I've finally got a little appetite and a bit of my strength back, but it was a rough week. This next one will definitely be better, because I don't see how it could be worse. 

I feel a bit better now, and hey, at least I know I won't be getting too fat haha. My pants were actually looser yesterday than when I started my mission, believe it or not, but 3 days of the Double Dragon will do that to you I guesshttps://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gifThere is a doctor we can go to if we need to, but we had some good elders come over with Gatorade, pepto, crackers, etc. 

The English (non-Spanish speaking families) do a lot of spaghetti and burgers, this one family gave us just a plate of vegetables and they were all supposedly from her neighbor’s garden. 

This is something good I remembered after being so sick: Elder Ballard said in his book Our Search for Happiness "Crisis or transition of any kind reminds us of what matters most. In the routine of life, we often take our families-our parents and children and siblings-for granted. But in times of danger and need and change, there is no question that what we care about most is our families!"

I have a testimony that families are supremely important, even extended families like close friends and neighbors. We should always look for ways to make these people know that we love them and let our actions reflect that. Kind words and service can make people realize the difference they've made in your life. I know that y'all (my family) have helped me become the man I am today and for that I am eternally grateful.  

Could you please add this to the blog: 



It means: Remember that when you abandon this earth, you cannot take anything with you, nothing that you've received, only what you have given: a heart enriched with honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage.

I got your package! Thanks so much for everything, we get our iPads tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. My clothes are holding up fine right now, I'm taking better care of them than some of the missionaries out here, always ironed, no worries :) You have to look sharp to represent the Lord!

 I love you madre, thank you so much for that card too, it was something that was really good to read after a rough week, it came just in time so thank you very much for that. You're still doing the best job of taking care of me even though there are miles between us :)

We did get to make some visits, we met a new family, The Sandovals, so that was really exciting. They have potential...and 5 kids!https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Scottie and his new companion, Elder Burgin

Did you see my bowling score? 154! I was like alright, personal best out here in the mission field, we really do get blessings in weird ways hahaha! (They decided to go bowling on their last P-Day - preparation day)

Scores from their bowling activity. Apparently, he is P. Sweezy!


I'm probably going to have to get off the computer for this week, but I love you and I hope you're doing alright and you're always in my prayers and I love you and can't wait to hear from you again next week! I'm always keeping the family in my thoughts!

Love always, 


Scottie

No comments:

Post a Comment