Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Zone!! Granger C

BIG HIGHLIGHT: I'm getting transferred! See Saturday :)

Tuesday 3/4/14:
Pretty solid day today. We did our normal morning routine and then went to read the Book of Mormon with Geovani. We made afternoon contacts, then went to eat dinner with Pres. Perez and his family: carne asada and then cheesecake for dinner, so good! We had our branch missionary correlation meeting with Bro. Pons, then went and visited the Bedoya family, genuinely good people. That was about it for today!

Wednesday 3/5/14:
Today was pretty busy. Hermano Bayona picked us up early and we went to Taylor's Bike Shop to pick up my bike. The brakes are now back on the bike, gears are working again, it's in solid condition! We had our meeting with Pres. Higginson, then we practiced the song our district is going to sing at stake conference this weekend: #26, Joseph Smith's First Prayer. We grabbed lunch at Subway then watched some training videos for (Elder) Balino (Elder Balino is still a new missionary and Scottie is his “trainer”). We ate dinner with the Galvez family, and Padre would have loved the dessert! It was homemade strawberry shortcake, so good!! Not as good as yours, but it was pretty solid! We visited with Angie and then Edilberto, and then headed home!

Thursday 3/6/14:
We had a really full day today! We were up and studying, then we went and taught Norma Obando with Hermano Arellano. Then our apartment went out to Chow Time for lunch (we got some coupons in the mail, I only
paid 3 bucks for an all you can eat buffet). It was way good, and as usual, we all waddled out of there having eaten way too much food haha. It's way good though! We practiced our song again as a district and then had weekly planning all afternoon. We had a really nice dinner with the Montoya family, lots of laughs. Then with the help of Hermano Pons, we taught: Alejandro Guzman, Manual Corona, The Fernandez Family, and Hermano Islas. It was a solid day!

Friday 3/7/14:
Today was a great day. We got up and studied (I'm close to finishing the New Testament, I'm down to Timothy-->Revelation) and then we went to teach Rocha. During our lesson it started hailing randomly, and we were on bikes so instead of leaving to go get lunch, she offered to make us lunch. It was super nice of her, and good food too! We then had Zone Training! There were lots of new announcements and mission policies, the biggest thing being that we are now doing email from the iPads! So I'm super glad y'all sent me this keyboard, muchisimas gracias :) Then we talked about accountability, obedience, working with ward members, all that good stuff. We taught the Rodriguez and Vazquez families, then headed home! Good stuff.

Saturday 3/8/14:
The phone call finally came in. After a calm morning of studies and a few lessons, around 4 o’ clock Pres. Swain (his mission president) called. I'm getting transferred; I'll be heading over to the Hunter West stake and I'll be the new district leader over there. I'll be serving with Elder Chavez, who is also pretty new, he came out with Elder Balino (Scottie’s current companion). It's going to feel so weird leaving this area, it's been my home for almost 5 months, and I really love it here, but I know that my new area will be great and I'm looking forward to learning from new experiences and new people. During the nighttime, we had the adult session of stake conference. Pres. Swain spoke and it was really good, and then we got to sing our song. I've never sang in front of that many people in such a small group (8 of us), so I was super nervous because I'm not very comfortable singing in front of people, but I think it went well overall! After the conference, we biked home and I'm ready for some sleep.

Sunday 3/9/14:
Another pretty solid day today. We got up and went to the Sunday session of stake conference,
(stake conference is held twice a year for all of the congregations in each particular area –or stake) which was really good. Bro. Thompson from the 1st ward took Elders Duke, McNeil, Balino and me over to his house afterwards for lunch, then we had a meeting with Bro. Holden. We had another meeting a bit afterwards with the stake young women/young men presidencies to talk about a missionary extravaganza activity they're having soon, and we helped them plan that. I was really excited for it actually, y'all should do something like that back home!! We then had dinner with Pres. Perez again - milanesa de res, super yummy. Then I spent the night trying to drop by and visit and get pictures with as many people as possible before I leave this Tuesday, I'll send some of those home for y'all to see.


The Thompsons!!! He's gonna miss these guys

President Higginson and his wife

Scottie and Edilberto


President Perez, his wife and his son Mahomri

This upcoming week is going to be crazy busy with the transfer, but I'm kinda looking forward to the chaos :) It's what makes the mission unique right? I hope y'all are doing really well, love and miss you tons! I'll get you my new address asap!
 I'm sad to leave, but excited for a new area, so I'm okay with it :)

And I'll be super busy packing, worst part about transfers: packing stuff up. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Love you tons,

Scottie

(From his email to his Aunt Tammy):

Hey Tia Tammy!!

I don't have a ton of time to email cause I've got a crazy day today! I just learned I'm getting transferred tomorrow, so we're going to be packing and running around all day. I'll have more details next week that'll be more exciting :)

Please send my love to your whole family!

Word of the day: habilidades, it is: skills. If we develop our skills, we can receive more and more blessings as well. 

Love you so much!!!!

Scottie


No comments:

Post a Comment